If you’ve ever played a PC game, you’ve encountered various problems setting up a multiplayer game with your friends. Tunngle not only solved these problems but also provided an open platform where you could play your favorite games with other people at any time. Unfortunately, this VPN is not working so we wanted to show you some good Tunngle alternatives for this year.
ZeroTier may not have the same recognition as other similar services. Precisely for this reason, it is considered one of the best-kept secrets in the segment.
Free and open-source, it is compatible with Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.
We especially value its ability to offer different tools. In a single platform, you will find utilities typical of VPNs, SDN, and SD-WAN.
Its stability for the execution of games is proven, and it does not show lag or frozen screens.
If you like it, you can buy one of its paid versions for really cheap prices.
- Active community
- Manuals for new users
- Frequent updates
- Mobile device support
- Easy to set up
- Works on all platforms
- Not very elegant user interface.
GameRanger has a somewhat different journey than what we usually see within this category of apps. Emerged as an option for Apple computers, more than a decade ago it came to Windows.
Lovers of multiplayer titles consider it one of the most reliable answers out there. It does not focus so much on customization, so it may fall short for the most demanding. However, it does not support discussions of security and user experience.
In return, the list of titles suitable for execution via GameRanger is limited. We recommend you check its compatibility. If you confirm it, you will find few better ones.
- Quick, easy and light
- Gamer Community
- It may present some faults in the system.
- Customer service is inefficient.
Sometimes we are not looking for more than a small program that provides an immediate exit. If this is your case, NetOverNet is postulated as an interesting utility, simple but efficient.
With this software, you will generate private entertainment sessions, connecting several computers through a network. And although it was not created to play, it reacts well in these circumstances.
Each of the connected computers is assigned a username, password, and IP address. Thus the management becomes easier.
Finally, you can take advantage of this client to share data with other remote systems connected through the virtual network. A complete alternative that exceeds the purpose of fun.
- Allows you to connect multiple devices.
- Direct access to remote computers.
- Not very elegant interface.
- It only works for private sessions.
Certain PCs do not have plenty of power, and therefore light and efficient programs are required. Wippien is a demonstration of how you can do a lot with a little.
On the negative side, know that it only responds well to Gmail or Jabber emails.
On the positive side, basing it on the wodVPN WeOnlyDo protocol is a wise move for the developers. And if we add its open-source character to that, it is even more recommended.
- It is really easy to use.
- It is completely free.
- It is open source.
- It only works if you don’t need to extend beyond playing with friends.
- Works fine only with Gmail or Jabber accounts.
FreeLAN is a generic launcher among VPN apps, and one with a celebrity of its own. Free for download and installation, it also responds to open source solutions. Being able to configure each of its aspects is an advantage over others in this list.
Remember that it does not offer GUI, and you will have to manipulate the configuration files yourself.
- This tool is very useful to be connected directly and without interruptions.
- It can slow down your broadband.
- The application can be a bit unstable.
Named for Software Ethernet, we are talking about a powerful multiprotocol VPN. We can use it on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux and it bears many similarities to ZeroTier.
To be open source, it is a fairly complex system, ready to avoid complications. Without going any further, you can with firewalls that others would stop.
All the elements that you transmit through it will be safe thanks to the 256-bit AES encryption. We can advise its use even for sensitive content.
With a steep learning curve, it’s worth it if you want an ally for a long time.
- Remote access
- Decentralized servers
- Unrestricted access to websites
- Basic requirements
- Adaptability and ease of use.
- You can use it from any device.
- Open Source.
- The website is out of date.
- Server crashes and high pings are common.
7.- Radmin VPN
Do you want to play with a large number of friends and without limits within your virtual VPN? In such circumstances, Radmin VPN is a platform designed for you.
It promises connections of up to 100Mbps and the certainty that our data remains safe.
We even found it very easy to configure and suggest to beginners as well as professionals.
- Create a secure tunnel with encrypted traffic.
- The connection speed is quite high.
- It is a very stable system.
- Very basic functions and interface.
Remobo is a complete suite of applications to improve communication between various users. It is ideal for all those people who are looking for a new way of communication and who want to create their own P2P network. In this program, we will find several applications such as VPN, Chat, to share files online, etc. Everything we need to guarantee our communications and exchange of documents with the users we want.
The program is very simple to use since its creators have developed it to be accessible to all those who need it. The program is installed in a very simple way and, from the first moment, we can make use of it in a very simple way.
In order to create our P2P network, with this program, we will only have to include all our contacts in the application. In this way, so simply we can be connected with all our contacts in a simple way and we can make all our file transfers in a simpler and faster way.
- It’s easy to use and it provides security.
- Check your PC while traveling.
- You can play with people from all over the world.
- Share files privately.
- Inconsistent latency for graphics-intensive games.
- Inconsistent connection times: It takes time to connect to the session.
9.- PlayHide VPN
PlayHide VPN is a service developed based on OpenVPN and does not require you to configure port forwarding. An attractive aspect of PlayHide is the fact that you can get started without even creating a dedicated account.
The application is light and simple. To ensure safety while using the app, PlayHide VPN also asks you to disable the SMB function.
It’s worth noting that PlayHide is open source and you can check out the application’s source code on GitHub. Overall, if you need an app that just works, PlayHide VPN is your best option.
- The application is light and simple.
- It is open source.
- You can get started without creating an account.
- You can run the risk of falling into the hands of a hacker as it is a LAN that does not need a password to connect.
It is a popular program that simulates a local network between several computers. Developed by LogMeIn, the software allows the connection and exchange of files between different connected machines in a quick and easy way.
Easy to install, the program is widely used by players who want to play network games with friends. Users who want to exchange files directly, without too much trouble, are also looking for software to share printers and other peripherals.
To use Hamachi, one of the users creates an environment that can be password-protected, and inform their friends, so they connect to it. Through the connection of a LAN, it is generated between all the participants, each one with its own IP.
- You can send and receive files between different devices.
- Messaging service between LANs created with Hamachi.
- Create a dedicated IP address for the connected device.
- It does not require a local connection.
- Greater security during connection.
- Intuitive and easy to install and configure.
- Advanced options for computer scientists.
- Maximum of 5 participants in the free version.
- Some users experience latency spikes.
- The paid version is aimed at companies.