Its creators Dan Cederholm and Rich Thornett define it as a “community” where graphic designers, web designers, logos, etc. They can exhibit their work, gain a group of followers, and be hired by companies that require their services.
Dribbble also has a valid app for IOS and Android. Very simple to use, it has fewer options than the web page. You cannot see its blog for example or its online store among other things although the main options are more prominent.
For this and many other reasons, many designers look for alternatives so if you are one of them, below we have collected the best alternatives to Dribbble.
This is a nice social media for those artists who seek to connect with other professionals. The platform offers a big community of designers from around the world where can share their work with agencies that need unique products for their brands.
The platform is available for desktop and mobile browsers.
- Its interface is simple and minimalist.
- It is a great website for inspiration.
- Available on iOS and iPhone apps.
- Platform fully adapted for artists and designers.
- Sometimes the page can be slow.
This social media allows professionals of photography, design, illustration, architecture, and other audiovisual activities to join in the same place to get inspired and inspire others by sharing your portfolio.
The platform also offers jobs where companies are looking for good professionals and your portfolio can be of great help to be selected.
- It can grow your professional reputation.
- It is a great source for finding work.
- It is a network with a lot of international presence.
- You can discover projects and get in touch with professionals.
- It has a simple interface, easy to navigate and pleasant to the eye.
- It could improve its navigation site.
It is a website and application where graphic and audiovisual artists can share their work, interact, participate in competitions and make themselves known to the world.
The potential of this website was discovered by users, who not only used DeviantArt as a website to download and share skins for programs. This is how in mid-2001 it was launched as a site to share artistic creations, attracting the most talented to reach a larger user base.
- Site for Digital Art, Traditional Art, Photography, Crafts, Literature, Animation and Video, Manga and Anime, Fan Arts and many more.
- You can distribute your work with Creative Commons licenses.
- You have the option to sell your works.
- Millions of people will be able to know your work.
- It can take a long time till your work is discovered due to the high competition.
It is a well-known page in the world of web design, in which any designer can upload their work for the rest of the community to rate it. In this sense, the web has achieved great popularity among lovers of this art and serves as a springboard for new talents to show their work. There are weekly, monthly and annual awards, as well as outstanding work every day, to give these designers the opportunity to excel with their work.
In addition to being able to upload our work and value that of others, the web also serves to find companies interested in web designers, so it can be a good place to find work. It not only works as a platform but also as a community, always around the theme of web design.
- It awards monthly prizes to the best web projects that are sent to them.
- They always show the latest trends in web design.
- Available in 5 languages.
- Your work gains worldwide visibility.
- The competition is high.
With a drag-and-drop interface, some cool templates, and integration with Vimeo, YouTube, Soundcloud, and Slate, Fabrik is one of the best alternatives when it comes to creating that online portfolio that your relatives are waiting for to share those designs so specials that you are capable of creating.
Fabrik offers a more professional solution than the rest of the alternatives with well-designed themes that adapt to the content of your work repertoire.
- It is a platform for artists, photographers, designers, illustrators, etc.
- You can create a portfolio in a few simple steps.
- Easy to use.
- Source of high resolution images for companies.
- It does not offer a free version.
In a first instance, it can be seen that the ArtStation platform focuses mostly on the Entertainment area; However, it can be noted that this has elements that also allow you to enter the area of social tools and even presents aspects that focus on the work part; As its name makes evident, this platform is centered on drawing, painting and their similar branches.
A notable feature of ArtStation is that it is divided into three sections according to what the user wants to do in it; one of these is that of artists that allows them to publish part of their portfolio to gain fame and thus attract the attention of interested companies; that of people looking to hire where they can indicate the number of available positions along with other job data and that focused on fans who just want to explore.
- Artists can display their work.
- Its interface is modern and stylish.
- Many artists can find work thanks to their portfolios.
- The platform offers different tools to improve your skills.
- It has a free version.
- Still it is not a well-known site.
7.- 500 px
500px is a super StartUp that works as a service where the images are hosted and can be used commercially, as this social media – which is one of the best today, according to startupranking.com – brings the big brands closer to these photographs.
One of the first things we can notice when entering 500px is that the photographs that reside there have an enviable quality. There is space for both professional and amateur photography, but without leaving the established beauty parameters, i. e., we cannot post any type of photos as if it were a personal Facebook, you have to follow some rules.
- It is very well structured and has a quality filter.
- Space for the best photographers in the world.
- It is possible to generate money with your photos.
- Many companies look for good photographers here.
- To be part of the platform, you must pay a monthly subscription and in addition, the platform keeps a commission from your sale.
Carbonmade is very easy to use and has a very attractive appearance, necessary in many cases to display work that attracts attention. The platform is aimed at photographers who wish to have a place to show their work, sell it, or be hired for different agencies or projects.
It has a free plan and a paid one. In the free one, we can manage up to 5 projects with 35 images. If we pay per month we can upload 50 projects with up to 500 high-resolution images and 10 videos.
- Create your own portfolio.
- Find high-quality photos.
- Clean and easy-to-use platform.
- It is possible to customize the domain.
- The free plan does not offer many options.
9.- Cargo Collective
This is another Dribbble alternative where artists, designers, developers, photographers, etc. can join and show their work. Many marketing companies who need great material, come and select some portfolios for them, buy their work under a license.
But as with other platforms, to be part of its users, you have to receive an invitation from someone who is already using the platform or contact the creators if you can join.
- Very clean and nice design
- Ease of updating your portfolio.
- Possibility of hosting it in the domain you want.
- Intuitive navigation.
- Limits in the free version: you can upload a maximum of 12 projects and 3 pages.
10.- Squarespace – Dribbble Alternatives and Competitors
It is a great website builder that offers a powerful and affordable service, ideal for freelancers or people who have a business model dedicated to selling digital products or services.
The platform is ideal for businesses that offer services, artists who need to place their portfolio on the web, people who sell downloadable digital products, and businesses that have a physical space and that require a website with a catalog and contact space.
- It helps to create all-in-one websites, with useful tools.
- It integrates very well with other of the most popular digital tools on the market.
- It is a very safe and stable website.
- Offers technical support.
- There are limitations to what you can do in terms of functionality and design.